Lady*M's Reviews > Outcast Mine

Outcast Mine by Jamie Craig

Mar 07, 11

bookshelves: science-fiction, m-m-romance

The books of this writing tandem are pretty much hit and miss for me. While I liked some of them very much, the others left me pretty disappointed. However, even if there isn't such a thing as perfect book, this one came pretty close. The dark setting, power struggles between prisoners and guards, political implications, the protagonists and their development, their relationship, secondary characters - everything was masterfully handled.

I have a few very minor niggles which didn't affect my overall enjoyment in this books. I felt that Aleron's background of a master thief wasn't sufficiently used (my interest was especially piqued when Jasak told him: You've had an amazing life.) . Also, while it was clear that there is a war going on between two powerful empires, the human role (if there is one) in it and larger political picture was vague. I can only hope that the authors will give us more books set in this world. If not a direct sequel including Aleron and Jasak, then some other intriguing characters that show (m/m) promise. :)

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Outcast Mine.