Doug Cannon's Reviews > Summer of the Monkeys

Summer of the Monkeys by Wilson Rawls

901901
Feb 10, 11

Read from July 26, 2010 to February 10, 2011

My kids really enjoy this book. It seems to hit all ages pretty well. I am enjoying it again, and my youngest two (who were bored while reading Seventh Son) are now really enjoying this book. Even my oldest kids enjoy listening in.

Wilson Rawls is a great story teller, and he writes a lot of situations in this book that make the kids laugh out loud. The suspense is great too. The kids hate it when a chapter ends and we might be done for the night. "read on!" they all say.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summer of the Monkeys.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

John I'm glad to see that the "read on" cry lives in another generation. Reading your review brings back some sweet memories.

Doug Cannon Yes Dad, the great tradition of yelling, "Read on!" is carried on by the next generation. That phrase can be heard multiple times every Sunday evening. Sometimes I even pretend to end a chapter early so I can find out if they're all staying interested. "Read on!" they say, and then I know.

Right now I'm reading 2 books simultaneously. We read only 1 chapter of The Little Lame Prince and then multiple chapters of Summer of the Monkeys. Shannon was listening in on The Little Lame Prince and the end of that chapter was a real cliff-hanger. Shannon says, "You can't end there... Read on!" it was funny. The kids like that book, but they enjoy Summer of the Monkeys better, so none of them said, "Read on!"