Marsha's Reviews > Wisdom

Mar 10, 11

Recommended to Marsha by: Countrygirl_TN
Recommended for: Young Adults
Read on March 10, 2011, read count: Once

I will not write a plot overview for Wisdom since so many other reviewers have already done so. I would just like to write a few random thoughts on the book as well as the series. My Blood Approves is about missed opportunities: Peter refusing to come to grips with his feelings for Alice until it is too late, Mae not realizing the scope or magnitude of changing a child into a vampire, Milo ignoring the fact that eventually he will break Bobby's heart, Lief running away from his children and the woman he loves, Alice missing the opportunity to think about her decision to be with Jack while harboring feelings for Peter, Jack trying to force Alice into a life as vampire before she was ready and finally, Ezra refusing to realize that Mae's unquenchable need to be a mother would eventually have to be dealt with. With all of that being said, Wisdom reveals the outcomes of many of the missed opportunities as well as the difficult choices that have to be made in attempts to rectify the situation. In some cases it works and in others it is yet to be revealed.

At the risk of upsetting other MBA fans, I believe a final book should provide an epic ending and wrap up all of the loose ends. Therefore, I cannot see how "Swear" (Book 5) will accomplish this task. We know Mae and Ezra are back together, Lief will be with Alice and Milo's mother, and Alice has chosen Jack. The only open issue is Peter. Who knows maybe Amanda Hocking plans to use book 5 to leave the door open for a spinoff series. I just cannot get a handle on where she could possible take book 5 and make the plot exciting, intriguing and satisfying; but, I guess that is what a good author does and we will have to wait to see if I will have egg on my face (smile). I'm just sayin!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wisdom.

03/10/2011