Marcie's Reviews > Faustine

Faustine by Imogen Rose

Mar 10, 11

Read from March 07 to 09, 2011

I really like Imogen Rose's Portal Chronicles so I was excited to read the first book in her new Bonfire Chronicles series, Faustine. Faustine is your average (kinda) fifteen year old girl. She's spent the last few years away from her family at a boarding school to receive special training. As with anyone starting high school, she wants everything to be perfect. The right clothes, the right friends, the right boyfriend. However, Faustine's world is turned upside down when her father disappears and she is next in line for the throne. I think Imogen really captured the spirit of the average teen perfectly. I like that Faustine had normal issues to struggle with , some of them embarrassing, in addition to her new responsibilities. Her character really grew throughout this novel. The supporting characters in this book were also great. I really liked her mom, Lady Annabel. She's not your average mom. All of the characters seemed to be surrounded in a bit of mystery with many layers. One of the academy's rules are to trust no one. Well I didn't and still don't know who trust.
Imogen Rose has such a great writing style. She keeps you guessing as to what's going to happen next. She managed to put an interesting twist on this story that left me hanging. Now I can't wait until the next book in the Bonfire Chronicles comes out. Overall this is a great book. It was a really good introduction to this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faustine.

03/08/2011 page 81