Norma's Reviews > Somebody Killed His Editor

Somebody Killed His Editor by Josh Lanyon

1913550
Mar 07, 11

bookshelves: kindle-ebook, m-m, romantic-suspense

I loved this book! LOVED IT! Great characters, great story, terrific mystery.

Christopher/Kit is a great character. He's in a bit of a personal slump so at times his self-depreciating wit turned into a pity party. But honestly it worked. He finds himself in this place, personally, that he just didn't know what to do with. Some his fault, some just life.

J.X. was also great. Even though he acted like a bit of jerk, I loved him from page one. I had a feeling why he acted the way he did and was not surprised when it was revealed.

The supporting cast of characters were fun adn the mystery often took me back to an "old-fashioned" mystery.

I love Josh's writing style. Can't wait for the next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Somebody Killed His Editor.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Heather C I knew you would like this one better!

Dina "One question, did I miss why JX call Christopher "Kit?" I was wondering but didn't see it mentioned."

I think "Kit" is just a nickname for "Christopher". I've seen that before in some books.

Norma Thanks Dina.

Heather you were right. I just fell in love with both of these characters right away. A part of me wanted JX to be the bad guy, but I still loved him! LOL Of course he couldn't be a hero in the next if he was murdering people in the first, but still. :)

Heather C But he's so sweet!! You have to read the next one ASAP. Kit is such a grump but so funny

Dina Norma wrote: "Of course he couldn't be a hero in the next if he was murdering people in the first ..."

Oh yes, he could. :) Have you ever heard of Anne Stuart's Ice heroes? I've been told that those guys would kill the heroine without blinking if their mission demanded it.

Norma Dina, you are so right. As a matter of fact one of my favorite books is Zero At the Bone (if you haven't read it--DO IT NOW!!). D, the main character, is a hit man. Linda Howard's Death Angel also has a hit man as the main character. I think I meant that in this story, in this character, he couldn't be the murderer. I dont know why I wanted him to be when I really didn't want him to be. That makes no sense. But in my mind it does...LOL

But I loved them both. I'm excited for ASW.

Dina Ah, I get it now. :) Yes, I've read Zero at the Bone. It was only an okay read to me. I wanted to love it as much as "everyone" else, but I ended up disappointed. I'm afraid my expectations were too high.

Norma Dina, I'm glad I read ZATB before it got too much hype. It's hard when *everyone* says it's the best book ever. Especially when you just liked it.

I felt that way when I started JL's Adrien English series. The books were good enough, but I hated one of the MC's and the other was wishy washy I thought. I also feel that way about SEP. Everyone says she's the best, but I've found her to be mostly boring.

Dina I don't get the SEP love either. I loved Lady Be Good but couldn't get myself to finish any of the other books I have on my TBR. I feel weird when I don't get what all the fuss is about.

Thanks for the warning about JL's Adrien English series. I plan to read it and I had very high expectations about it, but now I'll try to control them. :)

Norma Well everyone else seemed to love AE. As a matter fact I'm afraid Heather C will throw tomatoes at me for badmouthing them! I guess go into it knowing it is not perfect! LOL

Heather C How dare you bad mouth Adrien!! Jk. That series is not at all perfect. I think that's why I love it so much