Melissa's Reviews > A Million Suns

A Million Suns by Beth Revis

Apr 07, 12

bookshelves: 2012-releases, books-from-library, books-i-adored
Read from March 21 to 26, 2012

I think Beth Revis has outdone herself again. A Million Suns is a great sequel to Across the Universe. What I really enjoyed about this novel are the great twists involved. It feels like every chapter ends on a mini-cliffhanger where we're told one thing, contrary to what we know and it's like a mini-hyperventilating episode.

I thought that Elder's character had some really excellent growth here. We see him rise to the challenge and become the leader he was created to be. He doesn't do a fantastic job but given the circumstances, I think he did all right. He certainly has grown up a little. As for Amy, well, I thought it was good of her that she had to work through some of her personal issues like how she feels about Elder but apart from that, there wasn't much growth in other aspects.

Also, I found Amy's blind hatred towards Orion to be a little disturbing. There's a character whose done a lot worse than Orion and yet, Amy seems to be fixated on making Orion suffer, EVEN THOUGH he's been trying to help them for quite some time.

There were some plot inconsistencies. I don't want to say anything because I don't want to spoil it for anyone but it did leave me confused. The villain did surprise me though so well done there! The ending was such a cliffhanger! I really don't know how I can stand to wait another year! OMG, it needs to be here now!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Million Suns.