Genie's Reviews > The Host

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

Jun 10, 11

bookshelves: faves, must-have, series-hope-to-be-series
Read from June 06 to 10, 2011

I bought The Host right after I had finished the Twilight Saga. I had attempted to read it but after reading only 1 chapter & it was so different from Twilight that I had to wait until the euphoria wore off.... Needless to say it has sat with the ever growing stack of To~Be~Read books for way to damn long!!! The Host was a beautiful breath of fresh air, it's so very different from anything I have read before. Once I started reading it I couldnt imagine why the hell I had ever put it aside to begin with. I have to say that for whatever reason, I felt that Melanie was the focus of the book & I am fully aware that it is actually Wanda that the story is about. This could possabily be due to the fact that Melanie was the human so I felt for her?..... Anyways, the story is amazing and is equally as beautiful as any of the Twilight books. Stephenie Meyer is a genius :-}

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Host.

48.0% "O-M-G!!! I'm so wrapped in this book that I seriously only got about 2 hours of sleep. WTF took me so long to start reading this????"