Carolina's Reviews > Catching Fire

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Mar 06, 11

bookshelves: ebook, read-2011, ya, favorites, badass-female-character, dystopian
Read on March 06, 2011

Less than 24 hours ago I finished the first book of this series and I'm pumped enough to start reading the third and last installment as soon as I finish writing this review.

This book gets a lot more complex and a more riveting plot I think. The constant "attacks" from the Capitol keeps one on an edge thinking "What will happen next?" and "How is she or them going to overcome that?".

I like very much Katniss's character. She is a very strong, capable woman at such a young age. She has such drive that when she sets a goal she'll do everything in her power (even at expense of her life) to achieve it and she's not the type to crack easily. And I specifically mean bursting out crying. Which I think she should do sometimes instead of keeping it all inside 'cuz it'll just be worst in the end and would add a touch of sentimentality to her character.
Gotta point out though, that for someone that strong and focused in keeping everything in, Katniss can't quite manage that with her stomach. She pukes everywhere! LOL

Even if I want her to end up with Gale with all my heart, I surprised myself at wishing she would just be a little sweeter or caring to Peeta. Letting them warm up, have a cute brief breathtaking romance and then getting over with it and she ending up with Gale anyways LOL. At least Peeta could get a little retribution and I still got my happy ending and a little romance to keep me busy until then XD.

I like how the revolution is starting to get on fire and I'm thrilled to see how everything turns out! I was literally out of breath and wide eyed at Gale's last words on the ending of book 2. So "Mockingjay", here I come!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Fire.