Krys's Reviews > Insurgent

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Feb 18, 14

bookshelves: young-adult, dystopian-post-apocalyptic, own, series-i-love, read-in-2012, first-person-narrative, autographed, series, read-in-2013
Read from October 16 to 18, 2013, read count: 2

Original read March 03 to 08, 2012. Second read October 16, 2013 to October 18, 2013.

-------

I'm not going to say a thing about the plot in the much anticipated YA title, Insurgent, which releases in May. Not a bloody thing. What I will do is to give a few brief impressions of the themes of the book.

Factions - seeing into factions that are not Dauntless or Abnegation is the highest treat in the pages of Insurgent. It really helps to center this story. Without the journey into the other mindsets of the players involved we would not be able to understand the bigger picture.

Betrayals - like, whoa! Wow... the backstabbing. Be prepared to have your heart broken in ways you do not expect.

Guilt - Rife with it... Heart stopping, soul rendering guilt. Beautifully done too.

Grief - Just as thick as the guilt. And just as beautiful.

Self - Questions of self and self worth and how choices effect the journey and growth of an individual.

Four - yeah... he's awesome. He's better in this book too. Trust me.

All these things make me tremendously excited for the next book.

Veronica Roth creates a tale brimming with her trademark wit, snark, and twisting turns. There is so much that happens in this book I don't even know where to start. Suffice it to say I laughed, I choked up, I did not want the book to end. I dug my heels in on finishing this one because it was that good.

5 out of 5 obvious stars. So good.

- Review courtesy of www.bibliopunkkreads.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Insurgent.

03/04/2012 page 20
4.0% "Ok folks, I don't remember who someone is and it's really annoying me... someone direct/private email me... who is Will?"
03/05/2012 page 196
37.0% ""Tris," Tobias says. "You can put the knife down now.""
10/16/2013 marked as: currently-reading
10/17/2013 page 238
45.0% "Rereading."
10/18/2013 marked as: read
show 4 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sara (sarabara081) OMG so jealous! :D

Krys I got a copy today. I'm starting it tonight/tomorrow. Review to come.

Sara (sarabara081) Can't wait to read the review!

Cathy I'm too jealous, how is it!

message 5: by Georgette (new) - added it

Georgette Lucky!

message 6: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann OMG I am so jealous! ;-)

Loni "he's better in this book too. Trust me." i trust you!!!

Micheline Awesome review! You brought up all the best elements of this book, hands down! Such torture to have to wait till sometime in 2013 for the next one.

message 9: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann Outstanding summary of an outstanding book. Roth gets better and better.

Amber Garza Totally agree with all of this. Awesome book and I too love Four!