Neriah's Reviews > Mockingjay

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Apr 24, 12

bookshelves: my-ebooks
Read from April 21 to 24, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Okay I tried to give this four stars but I couldn't. As much as my own dislike for some of it, I can't give it any less than 5 stars, and I will defend it even if it's not something I wanted.
I'll be honest, Katniss finally annoyed me. She goes insane. I understand why, but..

What I really hated was right when Prim died. (characters die all the time in books, I've read Harry Potter...)
Katniss completely changed. I couldn't understand her thought process through a lot of it, and I pretty much disliked reading the ending. I think because Katniss was so isolated, I think I felt it.
I didn't like it.
Or the fact that she was so unmoved by Gale in District 2. I don't believe that she ever really loved him or he ever loved her. I believe it was Peeta- always Peeta. Even when she didn't want to believe it.
"Always." (This is my new favorite word now, since it is important in two of my favorite series ever)

Also- what the heck, her mom couldn't bear pain for her? I don't think Katniss has ever really had a good relationship with her mom, and she loves her, but I guess it's better her mom didn't go back to 12 with her.

However I realized- too many books have happy endings. This one was much more realistic- after all that's happened, of course Katniss will never fully recover. Of course Katniss will never fully be a sane human being. However she and Peeta have made it to be happy. Even though things are rough I'm at least happy Katniss was able to live what seems like a happy life, even though she struggles sometimes.

Despite all the dislikes of that part on, I understand it all and even though I wish I had more detail, It was still an amazing book that kept me on my feet until the last few pages.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mockingjay.

Quotes Neriah Liked

Suzanne Collins
“You love me. Real or not real?"
I tell him, "Real.”
Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay

04/21/2012 page 101
35.0% "I'm going to get anxiety..."
04/21/2012 page 123
43.0% "Let me die"
04/24/2012 page 226
78.0% "My heart just broke...."
show 1 hidden update…