Loudice's Reviews > Hot Shot

Hot Shot by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Mar 06, 2011

bookshelves: adultery, best-friends-to-lovers, social-outcast, susan-elizabeth-phillips, unconventional-heroine, tear-jerkers
Read from April 10 to 12, 2011

Again, I found some of the last parts quite cheesy, so I'm giving it 4 stars.

I loved the book and it kept me up until 2am this morning (which is rare for me these days). I really wanted to know which guy Susannah would finally end up with! I knew it wouldn't be Sam once I read Mitch's background story.

Sam Gamble was scum, but I still couldn't help crying when he finally has to let his Suzie go and realized that what had been right in front of him for years never had a place in his vision. His and Susannah's relationship and the way it ended was so moving, I couldn't stop thinking about it until now (again, a rare occurrence for me). I wanted him to have a happy ending, but I guess its hard to give him one since he was to self-centered and childish.

The story was fresh. I really enjoyed it...just not those cheesy last parts...lol

My favorite quote:

"...Any fool can love somebody who's perfect, somebody who does everything right. But that doesn't stretch your soul. Your soul only gets stretched when you can still love somebody after they've hurt you." ---Angela Gamble to Joel Faulconer

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hot Shot.

Quotes Loudice Liked

Susan Elizabeth Phillips
“...Any fool can love somebody who's perfect, somebody who does everything right. But that doesn't stretch your soul. Your soul only gets stretched when you can still love somebody after they've hurt you.”
Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Hot Shot

message 1: by Rohani (new)

Rohani Panbangan Finally I found somebody who feels the same way. Sam really broke my heart. Every time I remember It felt an ache in my heart.