laura's Reviews > The Power of Kindness: The Unexpected Benefits of Leading a Compassionate Life

The Power of Kindness by Piero Ferrucci

1202998
Apr 13, 11

Read from March 06 to April 13, 2011

So far I love this book. It really opens ones eyes to the acts of kindness, large and small. I suppose it is where i am in life. I have prided myself on acts of kindness that I may pass on to others. Kindness it something that is done without any expections in return. The kindness one exptends to another (a friend, relative, stranger) need never be advertised - nor should it be.
It has been a very difficult year for me. I seem to have many internal questions and an unsettling that some people who I have ocnsidered friends and would have walked through fire for have not been what I thought they were. It has been a eye-oening and rather difficult experience to sort out the feelings or puzzlement, disappointment and heartbreak.
Although I just began this book, I have a belief that it will be a positive experience to read it and perhaps shed light on some questions and misgivings which occupy my mind.
I will write more when I have finished the book, although so far it seems that it tries to put things in as much perspective as possible. How could one really know for sure why people act the way they do? What their motives are? My relationships change? Why a person who one has considered a friend (for months, years or a lifetime) suddenly feel the need to change their friends? and announce their need to change their friends. True friends are just that true friends. The person who drives 30 miles ot bring you gingerale and saltines when you are stomach sick. What happens to them? Why does it seem so difficult for people to be "kind" ? It is not something that takes money or time...so what is the excuse?
I am hoping that this book with not only give me some insight into these and many more questions, but will also open up my heart and make me a better friend an person in general by reading it. (There is always room for improvement in someones character and friendship).

Do you recognize yourself as one of these people or someone who perhaps could extend more kindness to others and to the world in general?
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Power of Kindness.