Judi's Reviews > Lean on Me

Mar 31, 11

bookshelves: 2011, march, e-book, erotica, bdsm
Read from March 27 to 30, 2011

Si, Si Senior!

So I wasn’t going to start Lean on Me (Book 4 in the Shadowlands series) so soon after finishing book 3. Not because I haven’t loved all the books so far - they are some of the most intensely erotic books I have ever read and seriously the Masters at Club Shadowlands are highly addictive. I just planned on taking a little break since there is only 1 more book left in the series and I wanted to delay and savour and extend my series reading experience as long as possible.

Needless to say last week after finishing Breaking Free and finding out book 4 was about the easy-going, laid-back bartender Cullen O’Keefe - I started Lean on Me right away. So much for any delayed gratification on my part. But then again, I’ve never been good at denying myself anything.

Sexy Cullen O’Keefe - Arson Investigator by day, bartender and Trainer of the subs by night at Club Shadowlands. As their trainer - he doesn’t “do” the subs...well at least he didn’t before Andrea Eriksson entered the program. Cullen was somewhat forced/blackmailed, call it what you will to accept her in the trainee program at Shadowlands, but he was going to make sure she deserved the opportunity to be a trainee.

Andrea is no shrinking violet...she’s tall and muscular from hours spent working hard at her day job at her cleaning agency...in fact her best friend Antonio (whose acquaintance with Cullen was her in at Shadowlands) calls her Rambolita. Her first night at the Club she acts and dresses more like a Domme in her leather pants and kick-ass boots. How the heck was she ever going to survive and submit to being a sub? Me thinks Andrea is going to try Master Cullen’s patience hard. Ay dios mio...holla, hot damn another winner! I was well and truly hooked with this storyline early on and any thoughts I had about putting off reading this book flew right out the window.

Andrea has a problem with men getting to close. She barely survived an attempted rape when she was younger and it’s made her wary around men...she tends to strike out first and ask questions later...not exactly a good quality to have in a Dom/s setting. Also Doms tend to frown upon that kind of behaviour and then they tend to dish out some creatively delicious forms of punishment.

Andrea pushed one such Master a little to far and I must says Master Nolan must have excelled in the Boy Scouts and earned ALL his rope tying badges - except I don’t think they teach his kind of skill with knots in the Boy Scouts - holy Muy Caliente *turns the fan on high speed*!!!

Andrea also learned a very important lesson about faking or lying about anything - another very serious offence at Club Shadowlands...saddle up Sweetie and ride’em cowboy! Add Master Cullen to the mix or maybe in this case it was Cowboy Cullen and this lesson on the perils of lying or faking it was hot, hot, hot *fans self repeatedly*!

And Master Cullen also brings new meaning to the tern “in the doghouse”...errr I mean “on the doghouse”! I told you these Doms are one creative bunch.

In Lean on me we got to see a lot relationship building between Cullen and Andrea outside the Shadowlands environment and a glimpse into their every day lives more so than the other books. Sinclair’s books just keep getting better with each one I read. I love these books and sadly I only have one left to read. How long will I last before I start it? Knowing me...not long.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lean on Me.

03/27/2011
5.0% "Cullen's an arson investigator? Well not suprised since he is so hawt he's on fiyah!"
03/27/2011
35.0% "Well I wasn't going to let myself get sucked into reading this book so soon and sooooo fast. Master Cullen has other ideas LOL!"
03/27/2011
40.0% "Wow! Boy Scouts have nothing on this expert knot tying Doms. Muy caliente!"
show 1 hidden update…