Liz L's Reviews > The Forest of Hands and Teeth

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

Feb 13, 12

bookshelves: own, own-bought
Read from February 04 to 09, 2012

This was one of those books that drew me in by the cover. I read the description and it sounded good, but the story just didn't live up to it. I was looking forward to a good post-apocalypse story that describes that new world -- with some romance thrown in.

Instead, it was all about the main character whining for the whole book about how much she loves this one guy that she just can't have. It was really, /really/ annoying. Even when she has a perfectly good guy that loves her. Oh, and the post-apocalypse thing was really just a background. I wanted to know SO MUCH more about about the Sisterhood and the Guardians. I wanted to see a story that delved into the secrets of their world and revealed the ugly truth. However, the story just follows the selfish whims of the main character - Mary - and the quest for freedom...which is a severe let down in the end. And not because of where she ends up...because of the characters.

So, I gave this three stars because I liked the idea of the book most of all. Otherwise, I would have given it two. I wouldn't really recommend this book, because its mostly a waste of time and/or money. Sorry, but true.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Forest of Hands and Teeth.

02/04/2012 page 15