Danny's Reviews > The Goddess Test

The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

Mar 11, 11

bookshelves: 2011-debut, arc, netgalley-to-read, march-2011
Read from March 06 to 10, 2011

3.5 I'm torn between 3 and 4 and I'll explain you why!

In the end I loved the story and I'm excited to read the next one too. Yet I had some minor things I didn't like too much.

I found the idea of the story and the plotline absolutely unique, fresh and fascinating. Greek Mythologie was always something I loved and enjoyed and I love how Mrs.Carter explored these myths in her novel!

Kate moves with her mom to Eden a tiny town in the middle of nowhere to find peace for her moms remaining days. She's very sick and will die soon. Kate and her mom have a wonderful intense and close relationship and the situation brought tears to my eyes already in the beginning of the book. Although Kate is not ready to let her go, she grants her her last wish and enrolls at Eden High to finish school.

Things start to get really really weird when Ava the super popular girl invites her to a party at the mysterious Eden Manor. There she meets Henry a mysterious gorgeous, quite man and their encounter leads to a bargain that really sounds terrifying. If she passes 7 test she has to take Persenophe's place and rule the Underworld with Hades aka. Henry.

But she's not stepping back from her responsibility and accepts to take the test ..and hopefully survives.

Kate was a wonderful character, absolutely strong in her personality, brave and loyal. I loved seeing her progress during her time in Eden Manor. The way she handled whatever was put into her way, every situation she handled with care ,braveness and selflessness!

Henry on the other hand was a character I couldn't crap so easily. He was mysterious in his behavior, not easy to figure out and seemed more like the tortured guy. Honestly, he was nothing like I would expect Hades to be, I mean he rules the dead and the Underworld I expected him to have more bad-guy
attitude. Also he was very contained. Taken together I didn't swoon for him and he didn't make my heart race when reading about him. The same I have to say about the blooming romance between Kate and him.

Normally, I also get small butterflies when reading about a wonderful kiss or a beautiful described love story. I didn't feel the love here, if I make any sense. The romance factor and Henry was what made the book not perfect for me, yet the 3.5 rating from me.

The end however was very very surprising and great! I absolutely loved the way Mrs Carter managed to surprise me and it gave the whole novel a wonderful and intriguing touch. Although the book didn't end with a major cliffhanger I'm excited to see how this story goes on and what will happen next.

4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Goddess Test.

03/06/2011 page 30
10.0% "After the disappointed with Wither I'm the more excited to start this one!"

message 1: by Lora (last edited Mar 06, 2011 12:24PM) (new) - added it

Lora After Tina's review of this I'm really excited to read it. Happy reading. :)

Annie Cristina Great review, Danny! I added it to my e-reader but was iffy about it. Now I'm eager to read it. :)