Tam's Reviews > How the Other Half Lives

2620907
Mar 06, 11

bookshelves: m-m
Read in March, 2011

I really liked the concept of this story. Two men who have a real effect on each other’s lives, and yet have never met. It happens so slowly over time, that I thought when they did finally meet up it made it that much more interesting. It was also fun to see their reactions to what the other was doing to their apartment through their interactions with their friends, who were completely baffled by the changes and curious about who this influential stranger was in their friends’ lives.

Both liked the end result of their flat-sitters meddling, despite the fact that they shouldn’t, or thought they shouldn’t. Martin didn’t care for his friend’s flamboyant artwork, but once it was hung up on the wall by someone else, he kind of grew to like it. Russ liked the casual chaos of his flat, but could find some benefit to it being more organized and tidy as well, like finding the remote. So despite being very opposite, it was one of those cases where it brought out something in the other person that made them more balanced.

I love the ending which shows how they meshed so well together, but neither one changed completely for the other, they stayed balanced. For those looking for a more gentle romance, there’s not much on-page graphic sex, but it fits perfectly with the story of two very different men finding they fit together perfectly. A delightful read that left me smiling.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How the Other Half Lives.