Jen's Reviews > River Marked

Mar 13, 11

bookshelves: urban-fantasy
Read in March, 2011

MILD SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

I literally inhaled this book - i do believe it took me less than 12 hours total to completely consume it- and I LOVED IT!!!!!
The Mercy/Adam relationship finally got to where we've all been wanting it to be for 5 books now and Briggs told it beautifully (as per usual). I enjoyed finally discovering the secret of Mercy being a walker and unravelling her Indian history. It was beautifully written and the ceremonies etc that Brigg's described were amazing.
I will say the thing that brought this down from a 4 star for me was that I missed the pack!!! Adam and Mercy's adventure whilst gripping and exciting was too separate and apart from the rest of the characters I love in the novels such as Warren. Also something just wasn't quite there for me in the way of the plot concerning the river devil/otterkin etc. I cant really put my finger on it but to me the book at times seemed a little like a bridger between the first 5 and the next (hopefully! 5+) books.

Overall though Brigg's did it again- if I judge a book by how quickly I read it and how much I put stuff off to do so then this book is definately a very good one :) Yet again my A levels were severly compromised and I was late to a friends 18th all because of this book. Definately a 4 1/2 rating for me but I cant wait to have the wolves back!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read River Marked.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Crystal I agree that this book felt like a bridge to the continuance of the series. I left this book feeling really eager to see where it would go next.

message 2: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen me too - but the wait is going to be too long for me to take!!!