Asriani's Reviews > Monster Story

Monster Story by McCarty Griffin

Mar 22, 11

bookshelves: ebook
Read from March 16 to 21, 2011

I did enjoy this book. Unfortunately when I was in the first page of the book, I found it difficult to get what the author try to say. The word choice that I got in the first few pages were difficult enough. Actually this book was written well. it described thing in a nice way. Let's blame it to my limited vocabulary. I was little bit afraid that I was not able to read till the last page. But I did not know why I just could not leave it.

I started to focus when the story brought me to the first scene when the slaughter took place. I kept searching for the next chapter which told me the same thing. Fortunately, there were a lot. Even when I felt enough with bloody scene. It was getting frightening. The creature that finally revealed as werewolf was so creepy. I could easily got the pictures of everything he did. Those dreadful chapters were so real. It looks like watching horror movie. I kept asking who would be the next victims and who would stay till the end. Another big question that haunted me, how to kill this monster.

Talk about the characters, I think the author wrote too many of them. I was annoyed by some of their appearance. From all of them I liked Graeme. I loved all his jokes. I caught myself giggling each time he said something. But I liked the relationship between them. Tess, I also adored her. Because from all of the characters, the only emotion that I could really feel were hers. Especially when she was so scared.

I have not read lots of book about werewolf. It made me wonder if all the werewolves out there were as vicious as the creature in this book.

Cover
I think it is fit enough with what the reader will find inside. The dark the story is revealed just by looking at those red eyes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Monster Story.

03/20/2011 page 205