Nancy Oakes's Reviews > Sherlock Holmes and the Long Acre Vampire (Sherlock Holmes Mysteries

Sherlock Holmes and the Long Acre Vampire (Sherlock Holmes My... by Val Andrews

Jun 30, 08

bookshelves: sherlock-holmes-fiction
Read in June, 2008

A bit better than the last few books by this author that I've read (see my other entries for Val Andrews in my library if you're interested), the story begins with a visit from Sir Henry Irving (http://www.theirvingsociety.org.uk/), a very accomplished actor of the British stage. He is starring in a production of Bram Stoker's Dracula, which had just been recently been published. It seems that a murder has taken place, and the body when found had two puncture marks on the neck and was seemingly drained of all blood, leaving behind a definite pallor. The death (and some more soon to follow) cause a problem for Sir Henry as some people are unable to separate in the minds the distinction between the killer and the role Sir Henry is currently playing. Holmes and Watson have to come to the rescue and find out what's really going on here.

As I noted, this one was a bit better than the last few of these books, so it was actually a pretty nice read. If you are considering any of Andrews' pastiches, this one wouldn't be a bad place to start.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sherlock Holmes and the Long Acre Vampire (Sherlock Holmes Mysteries.