Tyson Adams's Reviews > Line of Sight

Line of Sight by David Whish-Wilson

Apr 09, 11

Read from April 03 to 09, 2011 — I own a copy

This book not only surprised me but completely engrossed me. I really enjoyed this book. 4.5 stars.

Now this really shouldn't be that surprising. David is a lecturer in creative writing at Curtin University, so you really expect a well written novel. But it is more than just well written, it really conveys the time and place it is set in, it also has characters that I recognise.

This novel is partly a crime fiction novel set against police corruption in Perth Western Australia during the 1970's and part true crime. Basically any Perth native will not only recognise the locations, but will remember the events and investigations alluded to. It really is hard to discern where to draw the line between reality and fiction in this book. Put another way, if David had written this book 25-30 years ago he would have disappeared in the local forest mentioned in his book.

As a non-Perth native, there is still a lot to enjoy in this book. It is a completely engrossing crime triller and captures the setting and characters of the era to create a thoroughly entertaining read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Line of Sight.

04/03/2011 page 100