Tyson Adams's Reviews > Vodka Doesn't Freeze

Vodka Doesn't Freeze by Leah Giarratano

May 11, 12

Read from May 09 to 11, 2012 — I own a copy

I'm really unsure as to whether to rate this a 4 or a 5. Lets call it 4.5

It was only just over a day ago when I gave up on a book. I found I was putting off reading, a clear sign that the book sucked. So I moved on, moved on and picked up Leah Giarratano's first novel. This book was just what I needed.

I met Leah at the Perth Writers' Festival. Aside from being one of the nicest people you will meet, she is also a very good crime writer. She draws on her background in psychology to delve into the dark corners of the Australian underworld. She spoke of this book being a catharsis from her day job and when you read it (yes you will go out and buy it and read it, I'll wait here) you will notice that in the story.

The first book I read in the Jill Jackson series was the most recent, Watch the World Burn. I can't wait to read the books I've missed in the series. Currently Leah is publishing some young adult books (Disharmony: The Telling, comes out later this month) so Jill may not be having a new crime to solve for a year or so.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vodka Doesn't Freeze.