Brett's Reviews > The Prophet of Yonwood

The Prophet of Yonwood by Jeanne DuPrau

Aug 07, 11

Read from July 12 to 20, 2011

I'm exasperated at this point. I did tell my daughter I would read this series that she likes so much, but it is getting so hard to do. Easily the worst of the series so far in my opinion, this book was so dry and meandering that I thought it would never end. In fact, the only reason this doesn't have a one-star rating is because of the ending.

Finally, after all kinds of nonsense, the end pulls together the book like a bunch of loose rags lying on the ground bound together by a gossamer thread. Sure, once you use that thread and bring the rags together it is a beautiful dress, but it doesn't make me feel better about spending so much time looking at the rags and hearing about them over and over again in drone-like fashion.

I'm sure you get the point. I didn't like it. Conversely, my daughter thinks it is the second best book of the series. So take my rating with a grain of salt. Or maybe a whole bucket of it. My hope is that the last book is better. I don't know if I can take another one of these.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Prophet of Yonwood.