Bev Hankins's Reviews > Loose Cannons: Devastating Dish from the World's Wildest Women

Loose Cannons by Autumn Stephens

Dec 29, 11

bookshelves: quotes
Read on December 28, 2011 — I own a copy

Loose Cannons: Devastating Dish from the World's Wildest Women by Autumn Stephens is a book full of stinging one liners from some of history's most vocal women. The book showcases hundreds of quotes from actresses to spies, from Queens to psychiatrists. The collection has been compiled by the author of the bestselling Wild Women and every bit is a winner, from Virginia Woolf's "The older one grows, the more one likes indecency" to Elizabeth Taylor's "What do you expect me to do? Sleep alone?" Others include Mata Hari, Tallulah Bankhead, Catherine the Great, Oprah Winfrey, Ann Richards, and Josephine Baker. From Story Reformers to Hardcore Heroines, here are history's noisiest broads who won't be silenced!

If you're a little shy and can't take straight (and sometimes profane) language, then this collection is not for you. But the ladies are all on target and there's a lot of truth between the covers. A humorous, witty, and entertaining book with tidbits for just about everyone. I sat down and read it cover to cover in one night. Four Stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Loose Cannons.