Zbft's Reviews > The Valcourt Heiress

The Valcourt Heiress by Catherine Coulter

U 50x66
Mar 05, 11

I just finished the book (on tape) and all I can say is it's not one of her best - herowise. I like the plot, it kept me guessing though a time or two some turns made me raised my eyebrows. I guess because I am used to her well crafted plots that its odd to read a common turn in her writting. I can't really comment about historical acuracy since I am not an expert but the court drama and the power it weilds I think is one of the best part of the story.
The characters, now most of them are a hoot to know and yes some of them would pull you into the story.
The Hero. A perfect medeival knight with his horse, sword, and fellow soldiers is loyal to his king, valiant, fair, and a very admirable lord of his manor. Except the author made him an idiot when it mattered most. I would have loved to clout him myself, if may say so myself.
The Heroine. Now that is woman worth following. She will pull you right into the story at the very beginning. It is a joy to watch her scheme her way out of difficult situations or to get her way. I can say that she is one of Ms. Coulter's delightful heroines and I loved knowing her. I just wish she made the hero crawl on his knees back to her (then I would have given it a four star).
I loved knowing the rest of the characters, most are as entertaining and memorable.
All in all, the book is a good one time read.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Valcourt Heiress.