Jessica (Sugar Coated Book Reviews)'s Reviews > Revolution

Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly

Mar 24, 11

bookshelves: books-i-own, time-travel
Read from March 05 to 22, 2011

I spent a good deal of time trying to figure out what to write for this review. Let me be honest with you -- I almost stopped reading it because I hated it so much but, don't just close out of this review because that was the first thing I said.
It takes time. If you're someone that: Likes unrealistic coincidences, stereotypes, rocker chicks, going back in time, and a crapload of history. You'll like this book.
I loved the going back in time and the history part -- that was the only reason why I finished. The book was good. Not the best. It took me awhile to finish it.
After I was done with my graduation test last week, I had nothing to do but read, I just got SO bored with this book in some parts.
Just stick with it to the end if you hate the beginning, I promise it'll get better.
This isn't how I wanted this review to sound. But I'll stick with it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revolution.

Quotes Jessica Liked

Jennifer Donnelly
“Together in our house, in the firelight, we are the world made small.”
Jennifer Donnelly, Revolution

03/07/2011 page 100
21.0% "As this story goes on, I find I do like it. It's just that I didn't like how the author thinks that all teens are smokers that want to get some. So stereotypical.."
03/18/2011 page 350
74.0% "This book is finally getting good although I like the historical parts much more than the actual main plot."
show 1 hidden update…