Cindi's Reviews > The Purse Snatcher Letters

The Purse Snatcher Letters by Hugo Cambridge

Mar 21, 11

bookshelves: first-reads, weird
Read in March, 2011

After winning this from Goodreads "First Reads" I was really looking forward to reading it.

But after reading the letter, and reading the information in regards to them online, I'm not really sure how to go about rating it or reviewing.

Quite simply put, it's 5 1/2 pages of a letter supposedly left in a hotel room and later found by a hotel clerk. It's basically a confession of sorts to the letter writer's brother. Okay, if you are going to confess to something, would you seriously leave the letters to be found? Or would you sign your name? And (if I remember from the website correctly) how realistic (note the sarcasm) is it really to believe that the hotel clerk conveniently bumped into the letter writer at a later date? I'm not saying it DIDN'T happen, I'm just finding it difficult to believe.

I would love to read the other three letters and see what else Hugo has to say. And I do believe this would make a good book, if more details are included to explain more about Hugo Cambridge.

The letter was interesting. I just don't know if I believe that it was true.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Purse Snatcher Letters.