Jacinda's Reviews > The Way We Fall

The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe

Jan 27, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read from January 10 to 15, 2012

I found this story to be rather…boring. A horrible word I know, but I think it’s just because people getting sick and dying off without any real action isn’t interesting to read, at least to me. The story moved rather slow and the plot wasn’t fast paced…I was able to set this one down and completely forget about it.

The fact that The Way We Fall was written in journal/letter form worked for it. If it was written differently, I think it would have been more boring and flat than I already think it was. Or maybe having it written in journal/letter form is what made it boring? I’m not sure. Reading about day to day things is rather boring like cooking, bathing, and such. I do understand that when you are going through a disaster or disease is sweeping and killing people, these things become important. No matter how important they are, they aren’t fun to read to me.

The characters weren’t too special to me and didn’t stand out. If you have great characters, even if I find the setting and the theme of the story not for me, I generally enjoy the book more. I wasn’t feeling any emotions with horrible things were happening.

I will admit that I’m rather curious as to how this series is going to continue just because of how it ended. I’m curious enough to ask someone who ends up reading book number two, but not necessarily reading it myself.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Way We Fall.

01/10/2012