Sammy's Reviews > Hosack's Folly: A Novel of Old New York

Hosack's Folly by Gillen D'Arcy Wood

Jun 12, 07

bookshelves: c-the-okay
Read in April, 2007

I think if you're more familiar with New York City than you'll appreciate this book more than I did. Certain things were presented in such a way that I felt like I should know about it already and think how cool it is that this is how it's being presented! Wow! No... not really.

While this was an interesting read it was also a confusing read. With so much going on at once and a lot of politcal jargon being used, it was very hard to follow most of the time. The characters were also pretty... blah. The characters were either too flat or too annoying to like any of them.

Yet there was something about this book kept me reading. Something kept pulling at me and wouldn't allow me to just stop. It was slightly hard to focus, but I was able to keep getting back on track. Perhaps it's Woods skill as a writer, that was something that was definitely a plus about this book.

So who knows if you'll like this book or not. Maybe you'll be like me and not be too fond of it, but still unable to put it down. Let me know. It's a toss up, who knows what you'll think.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hosack's Folly.