(C) Archer at KIPP's Reviews > The Sweet, Terrible, Glorious Year I Truly, Completely Lost It

The Sweet, Terrible, Glorious Year I Truly, Completely Lost It by Lisa Shanahan

Mar 12, 2008

bookshelves: girls-have-read
Recommended to (C) Archer by: Danielle
Read in January, 2008

The book, The Sweet, Terrible, Glorious Year I Truly, Completely Lost It is a book that I would highly recommend to all people out there. I would definitely rate this book a ten. Although by the cover, it seems like a girl-only book, it's something that everyone could enjoy. Boys, I guarantee you will learn A LOT about girls from this book. You will learn how they think, how they talk, and even how they react to certain types of situations. You will learn that they are probably just like you. This book for me was definitely one that was fun and easy to read and that for me was definitely a plus. I really learned from this book that family sometimes can be stressful, but they could also be your best friends.

In this book, the protagonist, Gemma Stone is a typical teenager that is just trying to get by in life. She is the type of girl that always bites her tongue for the fear of hurting other’s feelings. Gemma is just a normal person. She isn’t popular, or someone who everyone knows, but she is still a unique person. Throughout the book, the protagonist undergoes her sister becoming a bride, not only that, but a monster bride. Her sister, Debbie is one that will lash out on you for just saying that you’re hungry. Under all this pressure from the wedding, Debbie is making Gemma’s life miserable. From the family that Debbie is marrying into to the outfit that she has to wear, Gemma’s life is spiraling downward. In the end...well, I won't tell you, you have to read it, but I guarantee it is going to be a book that you will always remember reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sweet, Terrible, Glorious Year I Truly, Completely Lost It.