Sammy's Reviews > Down the Rabbit Hole

Down the Rabbit Hole by Peter Abrahams

Jun 12, 07

bookshelves: c-the-okay
Read in January, 2007

This book is a light and amusing mystery. It's fun for adults, but probably more suited to children and teens. This is definitely a mystery where you can figure everything out once the first few hints have been dropped and the only reason you keep reading is to see how long it will take our protagonist to solve it herself.

The characters are amusing though the only ones that seem fully fleshed out are Ingrid and her dog, Nigel. All the other characters are just two demensional at best. One character flaw in the book was that there were a couple problems set up (Ingrid's brother possibly using steroids? Her grandfather's farm? What's her dad being secretive about?) that are never resolved in the end.

Speaking of resolutions, the end of the book was very short and abrupt. We had a detailed mystery set up and the solution just seemed sort of half-assed, like Abrahams wasn't really sure how to end the story so he just slapped one on. He closed it off nicely, but there just wasn't enough substance to it.

I'd was reading an Advanced Reader copy, but for the most part Advanced Reader's aren't too different from the final product. But please take that in mind when deciding wether or not to read the book. I'd still advise on making it a library book choice, because while I did find it an amusing read, it's probably not worth your money.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Down the Rabbit Hole.