Gina's Reviews > Between a Rock and a Hot Place: Why Fifty Is Not the New Thirty

Between a Rock and a Hot Place by Tracey Jackson

Jun 19, 11

Read in June, 2011

If you're turning 50 or in your 50's, this book is for you.  I wasn't expecting to like this book but boy was I wrong.  I loved it.  Tracey has such a witty way of describing life at 50 for women, that reading some passages had me rolling with laughter.  Tears in my eyes laughter..  Why?  Because I related to all of it.

Tracey also offers serious insights too.  Lots of things for me to think about. But bottom line what I took away from this book is to live life to its fullest.   I highly recommend this book. I plan on buying copies for family and friends.

"the truth is, fifty ain't thirty no matter how you cook the books.  It's fifty, and it arrives with more baggage than Paris Hilton on a press tour."

And...

"It's not your grandmother's fifty and it's certainly not thirty,  but it's YOUR fifty. And though certain things will eventually come to a halt, the quality of your life doesn't have to."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Between a Rock and a Hot Place.