Deb's Reviews > Plague Maker

Plague Maker by Tim Downs

Mar 04, 11

bookshelves: christian, suspense

Plot Summary: What happens, When & Where, Central Characters, Major Conflicts[return]FBI Special Agent Nathan Donovan doesn't know what to think when an Li, an older Chinese gentleman, contacts him regarding a case he is working. Li is intrigued by the fact that there we thousands of dead fleas found at the scene of the crime. He thinks that an old nemesis of his is planning to use fleas to infest New York City with the bubonic plague. A wild story, yet as the book unfolds we see that it is true. We also get to meet Donovan's ex-wife and explore the personal issues of the characters.[return][return][return][return][return][return][return]Style Characterisics: Pacing, clarity, structure, narrative devices, etc.[return]Shifts points of view and also flashes back to prior events, giving us a good insight into the characters motivation. Moves along briskly, as the characters race to stop a potential catastrophe and there is lots of action. Downs also inserts a subtle message about the power of forgiveness and faith. I could guess at the ending, in fact I would say predictability was the only flaw.[return][return][return][return][return][return][return]How Good is it?[return]This seemed as good to me as many mainstream thrillers, it has a great hook with the fleas, loads of suspense, and a good message.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Plague Maker.