BoekenTrol's Reviews > In Cold Blood

In Cold Blood by Truman Capote

Mar 10, 11

bookshelves: bookcrossing, bookcrossing_ringbook, crime-thrillers-espionage, english_language, historical_fiction_or_non_fiction, 2011
Recommended to BoekenTrol by: dutch-book
Recommended for: LiniP
Read from March 04 to 10, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: once
BCID: 7475617

I once read this book in the Dutch version and was very surprised to find it in my mailbox. It is the favorite book of dutch-book, that arrived here as one of the books of the favourite books roundabout.

It was on my to re-read list, but I can cross it off now.
I also liked this book while reading it for the second time. As a matter of fact it made even a bigger impression.
The combination of telling the horrible story of a brutal murder in quite a dry and distant way and on the other hand letting the outrage of such an act shine through made it a very interesting read.

I liked the way that many points of view were told, that all characters got a chance to say what they had to say, even if only in a letter.

It is not really a whodunnit,but more the description of the hunt, the attempt to get away, the consequenses on many of the people who lived in that small town.

If you like such type of novel, more the psychological side of a murder and its aftermath this is a book I recommend.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In Cold Blood.

03/04/2011 page 78