Becomingme's Reviews > The Apothecary's Daughter

The Apothecary's Daughter by Julie Klassen

Mar 04, 11

Read in January, 2011

From my B&N review:
I love the detail in this book. The plot was very well thought out and keeps you guessing the entire book. I was thoroughly engaged throughout the entire book. It reminded me of the best of the Bronte sisters and Ms Austen's work, but in a language more reachable by more people of this time period without losing the essence of that time.

I was a bit leery about it's message being too intrusive and preachy, as I've read other "Christian Literature", and at times the message feel intrusive and forced, not really adding anything to the story. It was not...in fact it was much in line with the writing traditions of that period and integrated well into the plot.

I would highly recommend this book to any and all. It is great for rainy days, sunny days, or nights when you want to curl up with a good book and a cup of tea or hot chocolate. You will feel transported to a world of sight, sound and smells...a pleasant world the Apothecary shop, a young girls worries, sorrows, and joys.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Apothecary's Daughter.