Pia Veleno's Reviews > Genetic Attraction

Genetic Attraction by Tara Lain

Mar 27, 11

Read from March 24 to 27, 2011

Tara Lain's debut in erotic romance is well worth the read. After being drawn to this sexy cover several times, I downloaded the free sample chapter on the Kindle to remind myself that not only do I not like most romances with women involved, but this one also focuses heavily on her POV. That didn't work. From that brief sample, I was hooked.

When her research associate, Jake, corrects Em’s assumption about his girlfriend to tell her that his live-in lover is a guy, Em thinks that will dash her school-girl fantasies. Roan is charming and sweet, and flirting with her like she was a... boy. No, not a boy, because Roan and Jake both enjoy being with a woman on occasion.

Enough recapping. This is what happens when I get sucked into a story. I start rambling about the story and call it a review.

I've noticed in the few menage stories I've read that I often feel like someone is a third wheel, or that the original partnership needs fixing and they try to do so with experimentation. Neither situation a fun read. While Jake and Roan were together before mutually agreeing to seduce Em, it wasn't for a quick fix in their relationship, and it wasn't their first attempt at a menage.

This story had great chemistry between all three characters and the setting of working for a university put excellent tension on the potential for anything long term. The dialogue at times felt off, but otherwise I came away really enjoying the book.

I’m looking forward to Lain’s next book, a prequel about Jake and Roan. Yummy!

Warning spoiler: Don't read before you read the story. (view spoiler)
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Genetic Attraction.

Quotes Pia Liked

Tara Lain
“You know, there are several gay men on the faculty. Professor Montag makes jelly beans look colorless(...)”
Tara Lain, Genetic Attraction

03/24
34.0% "Hawt. 'Nuff said."
03/30 marked as: read

Comments (showing 1-5)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 5: by Bubbles Hunty (new)

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Pia you said "Roan and Jake both enjoy being a woman on occasion."

is there supposed to be a "with" in there or are they cross dressing?

message 4: by Pia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pia Veleno Hahaha. Yes, "with" a woman. Sheesh, wonder what was on my mind when I typed that?

message 3: by Bubbles Hunty (new)

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions darn i like the crossing dressing better than the open relationship

message 2: by Pia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pia Veleno Open, yes, but they talked about who they'd bring in as a third for the times they tried it, and they agreed on that person before an invitation was extended.

message 1: by Bubbles Hunty (new)

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions not for me at all then