Bree's Reviews > My One and Only

My One and Only by Kristan Higgins

Mar 04, 11

bookshelves: arc, galley-grab
Read on March 04, 2011

I was able to snag this book through a galley grab! I just love me some galley grab!

Anywho....it was so sweet! Basically, you've got the story of Harper and Nick. Now, they go way back...married when they were young, divorced quickly after. Once divorced they each moved on with their lives...but not their feelings (though Harper would deny it).

Harper became a divorce attorney on Martha's Vineyard...where she is pretty cynical about love...and Nick started his own architecture company in New York. One day Harper's sis, Willa, calls her up and says something like...Guess what?! I'm getting married, and not just to anyone but to your ex-husband's brother, Chris!....yeah, so now the exes are brought back together for the wedding.

They have hard feeling towards each other, but circumstances bring them together (don't they always?). Love is in the air!!

I really did like this book. I've never read anything by Kristan Higgins before, but she is a great writer. This book is written in first person and like a stream of conscious. You always know what's going on in Harper's head. I loved Harper. She could have easily been a very unlikeable character, as cynical as she was, but somehow she just wasn't. She was witty, funny, just plain lovable. Nick's character was great too. The descriptions in this book were excellent...really made you see/feel what was going on.

The ending was a little extravagant/outrageous....but it's fiction, so it's forgiven.

I laughed a lot, I had a big ole smile on my face for most of the book, and I did cry. So all in all, a fabulous work of chick lit!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My One and Only.

03/04/2011 page 159
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Bookgirl89 Hi, I loved your review and this book sounds really good but you said its in first person, does that mean with both Nick and Harper or just with Harper. I don't like reading books with just the heroine POV, i love knowing what both the Hero and Heroine are thinking; it makes the book so much better.
Thanks :)

Bree Hi! Thank you so much. It's from Harper's perspective...not Nicks, never even thought of clarifying...thanks for asking, I'm going to be more specific from now on! You're right, I love reading what both are thinking too! It's a good book regardless though. :)