Hbeebti's Reviews > Rainshadow Road

Rainshadow Road by Lisa Kleypas

Apr 19, 2012

bookshelves: won, lisa-kleypas
Read from April 17 to 19, 2012

I won this wonderful book here on Goodreads giveaways. I was so thrilled. I really enjoyed the first book about Mark and the parts with Sam intrigued me.

Lucy Marinn is a glass artist living in mystical, beautiful, Friday Harbor, Washington, with a boyfriend, Kevin, who she believes is her soul mate. She has always had a magical side - a gift that finds its way into the breathtaking glasswork she creates - and she struggles to keep it contained. But when Lucy is blindsided by the most bitter kind of betrayal, she questions many of her choices. Her boyfriend leaves her and his new lover is none other than Lucy's own sister. Lucy's bitterness over this devastation is multiplied buy the fact that she has constantly made the wrong choices in her romantic life.

Meanwhile, facing the severe disapproval of Lucy's family, Kevin asks his friend Sam Nolan, a local vineyard owner on the San Juan Island, to "romance" Lucy so that she can more easily move on. But when Sam and Lucy begin to feel real sparks between them, Lucy must ask herself if she can easily risk her heart again.

That was from the back of the book, here is what I got. I loved loved loved Sam. Hearing about Sam and Mark with Holly is one of those things that melts your heart and just makes you smile. Sam still is having issues with commitment. Its sad that none of the brothers think that they are made for commitment or marriage. The more I read bout their childhood the more I long for them to find the HEA. There is an element of magic in the book. I loved it. It was not over the top . It was barley even mention actually. But that magic gave Sam and Lucy that connection that they both needed and wanted. I adored the fact that Sam took Lucy to his home and took care of her after the accident. He was so attentive to her. Now I was so happy that there was so much with all the brothers. I love that even though that may not be close you can tell that they are working on it. Even Alex who acts like he doesn't care but where is he? Working on the house! That shows me he cares but maybe cant admit it to them or even to himself.

Lucy , I loved her. What Lucy can do with glass is amazing.She truly has a gift. But poor Lucy everything seems to falling apart around her. But because of that she meets Sam. But her sister Alice was horrible. The more I read about Alice and what she did to her sister Lucy the more I wanted to smack her. I can say that at least 90% of the book I was hating her. By the end I did not hate her , but I did not like her. Maybe I am mean because by the end I think that Alice got what she deserved.Here is what I really loved about Lucy, she makes a decisions to be with Sam . No strings attached. Sex no commitment, its over when I say its over and no talking it through when its done. Lucy agrees and gives Sam what he wants even when it hurts her. She did so well of playing her emotions like she is ok and carefree. When all she really wants is for him to love her . She knows that wont happen and she loves him enough to play the game and give him what he wants and thinks he needs. I loved her for that. There was no begging for more . She just accepted it for what it was.But I loved when Sam finally saw the light. I loved the way it played out and was described. Beautiful!

This author has such beauty in her writing. The story flowed and kept me glued to the pages. When this book was over I was bummed and wanted more. So now I seriously need Alex's book. It is a must for me.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rainshadow Road.

Quotes Hbeebti Liked

Lisa Kleypas
“Justine reached for a fresh tissue and clamped it to Lucy’s nose as if she was a child. “Friends are the support bras of life. We don’t let each other down. Right?”
Lisa Kleypas, Rainshadow Road

04/17/2012 page 66
21.0% "I do not like Alice . What kind of sister does that? Bitch!"
show 1 hidden update…