Jackie's Reviews > Anne of Green Gables Series and Chronicles of Avonlea and Further Chronicles of Avonlea

Anne of Green Gables Series and Chronicles of Avonlea and Fur... by L.M. Montgomery

Aug 10, 11

Read from March 12 to August 10, 2011

I really enjoyed this series; all 8 books! The last book caught me by surprise. I wasn't expecting a historical fiction (which is my fav), but that is exactly what the last book is. I am sure that LMM didn't expect to write a historical fiction book, but when the Great War (WWI) broke out she didn't have much choice. I love the way the last book ended. It was so sweet it left me smiling for a while. Today I found myself wishing I had another Anne of Green Gables book to read. The only book I found difficult to get through was number 6. It focuses on Anne's kids a lot, in fact the last 3 books are about her kids. The 6th one was some what dull though. There was no real plot, just discriptions of them as they played. As a mother I love to watch my kids play, but as a reader I need more of a plot. Overall the series is a must read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anne of Green Gables Series and Chronicles of Avonlea and Further Chronicles of Avonlea.

03/22/2011 "I finished Anne of Green Gables and loved it! It took a few chapters to really get into it, but once I was I couldn't stop. There are so many lines in the book that made me laugh out loud. I'm going to have to add a few of them to my favorite quotes:)"
03/22/2011 "Now I am on to Anne of Avonlea"
03/22/2011 "I finished Anne of Green Gables and love it! There were so many lines that made me laugh out loud. I am going to have to add a few of them to my favorite quotes. Now on to Anne of Avonlea."
03/30/2011 "I am now on vol 4 of this 9 vol series. I am enjoying it more than I thought I would!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim (new)

Kim just started reading Anne of GG to the girls, its a friends fav. book, so I thought I would give it a shot

Stephanie I loooove those books! I think I've read them about 4 times. And then I can't count how many times I've watched the movies!!! Enjoy. :)

Jackie Stephanie wrote: "I loooove those books! I think I've read them about 4 times. And then I can't count how many times I've watched the movies!!! Enjoy. :)"

I have a feeling I will love them, so I went ahead and bought the series. I figured later Anna can read them too.

Jackie Kim wrote: "just started reading Anne of GG to the girls, its a friends fav. book, so I thought I would give it a shot"

Let me know how they like it. I am sure I will love it and I plan on reading them to Anna someday

message 5: by Kim (new)

Kim the girls loved the book, I was surprised at how much they got into it. we are reading the Harry Potter series, right now, but we will probably go back to this series at some point.