Jeanette's Reviews > L is for Lawless

L is for Lawless by Sue Grafton

Apr 25, 08

bookshelves: 2008, series, mystery
Read in April, 2008

I think maybe I am feeling a little bit of a Kinsey burnout. I just don't get into these stories as much as I did when I first started reading them.
With L is for Lawless we find Kinsey traveling away from her usual stomping grounds in California to track down answers for a friend of a friend. She is not being paid but she just can't seem to let things go once she gets started. She sets off to find proof that a neighbor's grandfather had served in WWII so the family can give him a military burial but finds herself caught up in a 40 year old bank robbery case that takes her to Texas and Kentucky.
I thought this book took awhile to really take off and was much slower paced than many of the previous books in the series. There were the usual twists and turns that you come to expect from this series but as usual I think it took Kinsey a little too long to put the pieces of the puzzle together. She always gets the clues but is slow putting them together to find the answer.
If you have not read this series you should start with A is for Alibi and work through the series. T is for Trespass was published a few months back. I am hoping I'll get caught up with the series before U comes out.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read L is for Lawless.