Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker Queen of the Undead's Reviews > Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart

Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart by Sarah MacLean
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
3039709
's review
Mar 17, 2011

it was amazing
Read from March 03 to 08, 2011

Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake simply stole my heart. I LOVED that book. Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord was okay but didn't wow me. In fact, I didn't know if I wanted to continue with this series after book 2.

Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart made me love this series all over again.

If you haven't read book 1, or book 2, there might be small spoilers in my review. You have been warned.

Before the book:

Simon is a jackass. He is a snob, a jerk, thinks he is better than everyone and deserves to die a lonely old man for what he did to his sister.

After the book:

Simon is wonderful.

That's all folks. That sums up my review.
15 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart.
Sign In »

Reading Progress

03/03/2011 page 15
4.0% "I have to admit that after book 2, I wasn't too eager to start book 3. Book 2 was good but not WOW great. So far, I love book 3 and it has only started. We'll see!" 4 comments
03/07/2011 page 36
9.0% "Simon, lighten up!"
03/07/2011 page 70
18.0% "Wow, it is gettin hot in here. I need to get back to my work."
03/07/2011 page 131
34.0% "Gotta stop reading.... there is work to be done." 2 comments
03/07/2011 page 188
49.0% "Ok, so I totally blew off most of my work today so I could read this book. I love Juliana. Simon is so growing on me. Ralston's love for his sis is so sweet. Callie is back and I love how she works so hard to help Juliana. All is good in this book." 5 comments
03/07/2011 page 283
74.0% "I have ants crawling all over my kitchen window sill but I'm reading the book instead. Of course, told the family I'm cleaning in the kitchen and not reading.. wonder when they'll catch on that the ants are still there." 5 comments

Comments (showing 1-22 of 22) (22 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Jadore wrote: "I love Sarah MacLean. I want to see what you think about this book. Happy reading!"

Thank you, I ADORED book 1. In fact, Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake really is responsible for my love affair with historical romance. I read a few historical romance books before it but it was this book that hooked me. Book 2 was good but really stood in the shadows of Nine Rules. I'm very hopeful with this book. I've been holding off reading this ARC since I didn't want to be disappointed but I think the only regret I'm going to have is waiting so long to read it.


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Jadore wrote: "Well...let's hope it won't be a disappointment. I have the ARC too, and didn't want start it yet(i will wait for your review)."

I'll keep you updated!


Katyana Michelle wrote: "Thank you, I ADORED book 1. In fact, Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake really is responsible for my love affair with historical romance."

OMG, me too! It was the very first HR I ever read, and I absolutely loved it! I have been gobbling HR up since then. I agree, too, that while book 2 was still fun, it wasn't quite in book 1's league. Definitely looking forward to this one, though.


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Katyana wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Thank you, I ADORED book 1. In fact, Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake really is responsible for my love affair with historical romance."

OMG, me too! It was the very fir..."


I can't stop reading book 3. I need to leave work but I keep reading the book. I guess that should tell you how much I love it!


Katyana Really? Yayayayayayayay!!!


Adwina Ralston Cumberbatch u have the ebook? can u please send it to my email? I'd be appreciate it^^


Catherine Thanks goodness it's better than book 2!


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Catherine wrote: "Thanks goodness it's better than book 2!"

MUCH better.


Catherine I am relieved because book 2 was a big disappointment to me and it made me nervous about how I'd like the duke in this one.


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Catherine wrote: "I am relieved because book 2 was a big disappointment to me and it made me nervous about how I'd like the duke in this one."

I felt the same way. I couldn't imagine liking him AT ALL. And at points in book 3, you will be angry at him but you'll start to see what he is truly about very quickly.


Catherine You have really taken a load off my mind. I was worried! I don't mind a little growth in a character, I just couldn't imagine liking him after how he was at the ed of book 2.


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Catherine wrote: "You have really taken a load off my mind. I was worried! I don't mind a little growth in a character, I just couldn't imagine liking him after how he was at the ed of book 2."

He reminds me of another character that for the life of me I can't remember right now. I'm SOOOO tired that I'm surpised I can write anything. I went to bed at 2 am and woke up at 5 am WITH the time change. I volunteered this morning and while I'm happy I did it, I'm SO tired.


Catherine Take a nap this afternoon. The family's not back yet and you should relax while you can.


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Catherine wrote: "Take a nap this afternoon. The family's not back yet and you should relax while you can."

Yup! (I've resorted to one word answers..lol)


Katyana Yaaaaaaaay, finished it in the wee hours last night, and I looooooooooved it! I was sweating bullets about halfway through, because I was worried - I still didn't like Simon, and I was really afraid MacLean couldnt't turn it around. Needless to say, she did. It was delicious! :D


Catherine Katyana wrote: "Yaaaaaaaay, finished it in the wee hours last night, and I looooooooooved it! I was sweating bullets about halfway through, because I was worried - I still didn't like Simon, and I was really afra..."

I'm relieved to hear you say that! Your updates were making me nervous.


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Katyana wrote: "Yaaaaaaaay, finished it in the wee hours last night, and I looooooooooved it! I was sweating bullets about halfway through, because I was worried - I still didn't like Simon, and I was really afra..."

simon definitely turns it around for the better.


Katyana Haha, Catherine, I was getting nervous too. And then I stayed up until 3am finishing... >.<


Ronyell Nice and quick! :D I agree that Simon was a jerk the first time around, but when I read this book, sigh I love him!!


Katyana I didn't come around to liking Simon until reaaaaaaaally late though. It took long enough that I was really sweating it out. Happily, though, I did come to love him.


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Ronyell wrote: "Nice and quick! :D I agree that Simon was a jerk the first time around, but when I read this book, sigh I love him!!"

I think we all fall hard for him!


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Katyana wrote: "I didn't come around to liking Simon until reaaaaaaaally late though. It took long enough that I was really sweating it out. Happily, though, I did come to love him."

I'm glad! It would be bad if you disliked him throughout!


back to top