Casey's Reviews > The Time Traveler's Wife

U 50x66
Sep 27, 2011

Quotes Casey Liked

Audrey Niffenegger
“I never understood why Clark Kent was so hell bent on keeping Lois Lane in the dark.”

Audrey Niffenegger
“We laugh and laugh, and nothing can ever be sad, no one can be lost, or dead, or far away: right now we are here, and nothing can mar our perfection, or steal the joy of this perfect moment.”

Audrey Niffenegger
“But you make me happy. It's living up to being happy that's the difficult part.”

Audrey Niffenegger
“It’s dark now and I am very tired. I love you, always. Time is nothing.”

Audrey Niffenegger
“I wish for a moment that time would lift me out of this day, and into some more benign one. But then I feel guilty for wanting to avoid the sadness; dead people need us to remember them, even if it eats us, even if all we can do is say "I'm sorry" until it is as meaningless air.”

Audrey Niffenegger
“Why is love intensified by absence?”

Audrey Niffenegger
“Outside it's a perfect spring night. We stand on the sidewalk in front of our apartment building, and Henry takes my hand, and I look at him, and I raise our joined hands and Henry twirls me around and soon we're dancing down Belle Plaine Avenue, no music but the sound of cars whoosing by and our own laughter, and the smell of cherry blossoms that fall like snow on the sidewalk as we dance underneath the tress.”

Audrey Niffenegger
“I am suddenly comsumed by nostalgia for the little girl who was me, who loved the fields and believed in God, who spent winter days home sick from school reading Nancy Drew and sucking menthol cough drops, who could keep a secret.”
tags: life

Audrey Niffenegger
“Right now we are here, and nothing can mar our perfection, or steal the joy of this perfect moment.”

Audrey Niffenegger
“It's hard being left behind. (...) It's hard to be the one who stays.”

“Do you ever miss him?
Every day. Every minute.
Every minute, she says.
Yes, it's that way, isn't it?”

Audrey Niffenegger
“Don't you think it's better to be extremely happy for a short while, even if you lose it, than to be just okay for your whole life?”

Audrey Niffenegger
“Maybe I'm dreaming you. Maybe you're dreaming me; maybe we only exist in each other's dreams and every morning when we wake up we forget all about each other.”

Audrey Niffenegger
“I won't ever leave you, even though you're always leaving me.”

Audrey Niffenegger
“There's always world enough and time.”

Audrey Niffenegger
“Love the world and yourself in it, move through it as though it offers no resistance, as though the world is your natural element.”

Audrey Niffenegger
“Time is priceless, but it’s Free. You can't own it, you can use it. You can spend it. But you can't keep it. Once you've lost it you can never get it back.”

Audrey Niffenegger
“Sleep is my lover now, my forgetting, my opiate, my oblivion.”

Audrey Niffenegger
“I love you, always. Time is nothing.”