Angela's Reviews > The Heart of Texas

The Heart of Texas by R.J. Scott

Jul 16, 14

bookshelves: not-for-me

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Heart of Texas.

Comments (showing 1-6)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 6: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Davie Oh, now I hadn't thought of this particular designation, LOL!!!

message 5: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela LOL. There are few things an author can do to lose my interest, but once done I don't want to forget ;)

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Davie You've certainly got me thinking! If it can help an author, er, encourage them to do a better job on the rewrites, I'm all for it!

Sandra What did R.J. do to turn you against him?

message 2: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela There was a period if time (hopefully past) when a bunch of authors were doing the same thing. Bullying reviewers, telling them their opinions were wrong. It honestly doesn't matter to me what the review said. Someone, a fan, can step in and correct any misunderstandings, but for an author to tell a reader that they 'missed the point' isn't really okay for me (even if it's true). This was one, of many, of them. I just don't want to support authors like that.

Sandra Oooh yeah, that sux. I've had a couple authors comment on my reviews but they're always respectful, I can't imagine an author going on the offensive like that. Too bad. I'm reading it for a group read and I like it so far, but it is harder when you already feel negatively before even starting.