Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > Mine Till Midnight

Mine Till Midnight by Lisa Kleypas

Feb 24, 12

bookshelves: genre-historical, books-read-2012
Read from February 18 to 21, 2012

This review was posted at Under The Covers

After reading the Wallflowers I had two things in my mind before picking this up. First, can Lisa Kleypas live up to the Wallflowers? It's not easy to create a series with characters that are all flawed but lovable and that can captivate my heart and attention as that series did. And second, two words for you: Cam Rohan. I originally thought (after reading Devil in Winter) that he would end up with Daisy Bowman. And since then I've wanted to read about the sexy gypsy.

I can now honestly say I am 100% satisfied on both counts. This series already makes me feel right at home with the Hathaway family. They are down on their luck, they've each been through so much heartache. There's the older brother who lost his fiance and has gone off the deep end; the sister who is still a bit ill; the younger sister who will have the misfortune of not having things and opportunities because of their position; there's even a crazy sister who randomly steals things! And then there's Amela Hathaway. The backbone of the family. The glue that holds them all together and pushes through. Not wanting to marry because she can't give up her freedom to a man, she's a declared spinster who only cares about the well being of her siblings.

Except when faced with Cam Rohan. He is all kinds of wrong, a gypsy who was raised by Evangeline's father and grew up at the gambling club, surrounded by mostly undesirables. He's tough and he's not the reputable gentleman she should want to be in the company of. But he's funny and down to earth, and simple. He can make her laugh and make her blush. And she can't fight her attraction for long.

Just as Cam can't fight his attraction to Amelia. For a while now women have had no appeal to him until her. And he knows she's the type of woman you marry, not play around with. Still, he can't stay away. And when they finally get together, well, Cam is just A.MA.ZING! And lets leave it at that!

All the usual suspects from the Wallflowers pretty much make an appearance. Of course my Lord Westcliff playing a big role as the Hathaways are taking residence next door to his estate. But Lord St. Vincent is a big part of this book as well as he is now Cam's best friend.

Of course we also get a small glimpse of what's in store for book two. Kev Merripen, who is a gypsy that was taken in and raised with the Hathaways, is in love with the most fragile of them all, Win. I'm hoping for an intense ride with their story!

Favorite Quotes:
"Marry me, Amelia. You're what I want. You're my fate."

“...whether he stayed or left, whether they walked the same path or not. They could live on opposite sides of the world, and she would still be his.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mine Till Midnight.

02/21/2012
70.0% ""Marry me Amelia. You're what I want, you're my fate."" 6 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by M (new)

M A This is on my TBR pile. Looking forward to your review! : )

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) I can already tell you I'm going to love it because I already love the hero from the bit I read about him in the Wallflowers series!!!! =)

message 3: by Pansy (new) - added it

Pansy Just those two sentences made me put on my TBR.

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) Amazing book Pansy, by the way I recommend starting with the Wallflowers series as they are somewhat related.

message 5: by LethalLovely~Live Through This and You Won't Look Back (last edited Feb 24, 2012 06:25PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

LethalLovely~Live Through This and You Won't Look Back I've re-read this book a bazillion times & read even more reviews, & every time I'm still all "HELL YEAH!" I wish LK would go back to historicals. *tear*

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) *sigh* They are amazing!!!! I agree, I think I prefer her in this genre.

Lupdilup Duffy Reading your review makes me want to do a re- listen... love this series. Excellent review!!

message 8: by Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) (last edited Apr 15, 2012 11:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) Thanks!! :) I thought this book was awesome! Maybe you should re-read ;)