Kristy's Reviews > Raised by Wolves

2079018
Sep 06, 11

bookshelves: 2011, vampires-werewolves-and-magic-oh-my, widget-shelf
Read from August 25 to 27, 2011 — I own a copy

I've been wanting to read this book for a while now, and I finally saw it in the store and grabbed it. I really enjoyed it. I loved the whole question of whether Callum was good or bad. I hated the thought of him being her father figure all her life and being so possessive of her and then letting her go so easily. But I liked seeing it all come together as she learned more about Callum. I just really don't ever want him to be her enemy. :(

I loved her connection with Chase. I love how they craved each other, but I wish there was more. I wanted more Bryn and Chase. They spent more time apart in the book than they did in each others presence. It was kind of confusing, they were very connected, and they acted like they were in love, but their relationship wasn't really defined. Are they supposed to be mates? Or just REALLY connected? I'm really interested in reading the next book to see where their story goes.

Another thing I'm kinda torn on, is Bryn being human. I can't decide if I want her to be a Were or not. She clearly likes aspects of it, but doesn't want to be tuned. I think the whole story is about the fact that she is not domant Alpha. She couldn't even survive a challenge from another Alpha, but the other resilient wolves still turn to her and are ready to fight and defend her, probably because of her lack of dominance. Anyway, I'm torn on that whole subject.

Oh yeah... and Devon MacCalister? Really? Did this name remind anyone else of a great Christmas movie? Like say... Home Alone? KEVIN MacCalister. HAHA I thought that was funny.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FAVORITE QUOTES

Bryn didn't like the other werewolves in her mind, so she built up defenses to keep them out. This quote was after Callum told her to take down her defenses. He was pushing himself into her mind and she playfully would push him back and then he came back really forcefully.

Without even thinking about it , I sent Callum an image of a dog hiking his leg at a fire hydrant. And then one of a rebel flag from the Revolutionary War.

Callum didn't respond in my head, but I knew he'd gotten the message, because he met me at the front door, and the first thing he said, with a single arch of his eyebrow, was "Don't tread on you?"

"More like 'don't metaphorically pee on my brainwaves,' but it's the same sentiment, really."

~Bryn and Callum

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The Rabid who killed your... I thought Callum killed that scum-licking, durit-sucking, mother-"

~Lake

haha I liked that string of insults.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Raised by Wolves.