Emily Garrard's Reviews > The First Part Last

The First Part Last by Angela Johnson

Mar 09, 11

bookshelves: young-adult, 11-20
Read from March 03 to 04, 2011

This book was better then I thought it was going to be. I read it because I needed it for my required author reading. The story is about a teenage boy who got his girlfriend pregnant. It takes place in the past and the present, before and after the baby is born. They have a baby girl named Feather. It goes through the long nights of taking care of the baby and his realization that this baby will not survive without him. It goes through the couple confessing the pregnancy to the parents and the decision of whether to keep the baby or not. The ending is something that you never expected.

Good book to use to teach teens the dangers and the responsibilities that come with teen pregnancy and with unprotected sex. It is something that would be good in a health class and I like that it is from the boys perspective because it will be easier for boys to relate to which is good because it is harder to connect them to reading. It is a quick read which is another appealing aspect to teenagers.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The First Part Last.