Yolanda's Reviews > The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness

The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey

F_50x66
Oct 11, 11

Recommended to Yolanda by: Misty Green-Brown
Recommended for: Everybody
Read from October 25 to 27, 2010 — I own a copy

I can not believe that I've spent the last 12 years working in the Accounting field being such a good steward of my employers money but could never get a good grasp on my own money. The Total Money Makeover book has helped me go from paycheck-to-paycheck-thinking to wealth-building-thinking. Once my eyes were opened (I read the book in 2 days) I knew my financial life would never be the same. I asked my husband to read the book and when he started sending me texts like: Do you know that if we invest X dollars in a good mutual fund from age 30 to age 70 that it will be around 5.5 million dollars?!! I knew Dave had him hook, line & sinker. A good percentage of our marital issues surrounded money but there are no arguments on that subject anymore. We understand what the short term goal is (get debt free) and what the long term goals are (remain debt free & build wealth) so most of the decisions have already been made. Once we saw what "keeping up with the Jones' does to your greatest wealth building tool (income), we decided that we could cut our life down to "rice & beans" for 2 to 2 1/2 years, clean up the massive mess we had made, and reclaim the nearly $2,000 per month we were paying on debt. I sure wish we had this book as teenagers/ younger adults, I can only imagine where we would be now. But even still, my son will never remember how his parents where up to their eyeballs in debt. We still have about $35k (down from 73k) in consumer debt to go, but thank God our financial family tree has been changed forever.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Total Money Makeover.