Pamela Todd's Reviews > Entangled

Entangled by Cat Clarke

Apr 23, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011, ya-mg
Read from April 21 to 23, 2011

In a lot of ways, Entangled is one of the best YA books I've ever read. It was frank, open, brutally honest and tender. But, though it was one of the best YA books I've read, it was also one of the worst.

But wait! I mean that in the best possible way. It was the worst because it made me fear it; I dreaded picking it up because I knew something awful was just around the corner for the loveable protagonist, Grace. Entangled grabbed me by the throat and squeezed, its grip never loosening, not even after I finished the book. In a lot of places it was very difficult to read and a sense of dread worked its way into my stomach.

On the flip side, all these things make it one of the best books ever. It isn't often a book can grab you so completely, and make you feel a part of the book, almost the ink itself. I felt everything Grace felt; I hurt when she hurt, I was happy when she was happy.

Entangled is a perfect book for any self-respecting YA lover. It is bold and unafraid to go into the heart of problems many teens face. A truly remarkable read.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Entangled.