Bashar's Reviews > Hard Drive: Bill Gates and the Making of the Microsoft Empire

Hard Drive by James Wallace

M 50x66
Mar 03, 11

bookshelves: biography

One of the best and most interesting books I've ever read. About the guy hated by many, and loved by many others. Some call him the inventor of computers, GUI interface, or even the internet (for those with little knowledge), others call him a fraud and not ever a tech guy.

I'm not Bill Gates fan, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying a magnificent journey, knowing who he is, how he turned to be, and what is his real story. The interesting thing about Bill Gates's story is it has a lot of struggle, ups and downs, and controversies. You would know how a guy dropped his Harvard Bachelor program to pursue an idea with nothing much to hold onto.

It is fun as a biography, full of business and market lessons, and you will get to know who Bill Gates really is, and what he really did or did not.

Bad thing about the book is, it was written in 1993, back when Microsoft was still an empire. Yes Windows is still most popular OS, but it's going down, and for a decade Microsoft are failing to compete with new emerging technologies, with the one exception of Xbox.

Soon there should be another.... the falling of the Microsoft Empire.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hard Drive.