Beth's Reviews > Tortall and Other Lands: A Collection of Tales

Tortall and Other Lands by Tamora Pierce

Mar 02, 2011

bookshelves: suspense-adventure, fantasy, medieval
Read from March 02 to 03, 2011

This amazing collection of tales fills in the blanks on events which happened before or after several of Tamora's Tortall books, but it would also stand on it's own just as a collection of great Fantasy short stories. Although I enjoyed them all, my favorites are: Student of Ostriches, Elder Brother, The Dragon's Tale and Lost.

Although I've reread the entire Tortall series at least once a year since I discovered it 8 years ago, I also have a few favorites that I pick up at random when I want to be guaranteed a good story. I've lost track of how many times I've reread the Protector of the Small Quartet and the first two Beka Cooper Books, Terrier and Bloodhound. I was thrilled to hear that Tamora recently turned in the manuscript for the third Beka book, Mastiff. She's currently recovering from knee replacement surgery and I wanted to do a small bit to help promote her new book while she get better.

I have recommended these books often as a bookseller and as an avid reader of Fantasy adventure stories and will continue to share my love for these great stories for many years to come.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tortall and Other Lands.

Quotes Beth Liked

Tamora Pierce
“Without reading, we are all without light in the dark, without fire in the cold.”
Tamora Pierce, Tortall and Other Lands: A Collection of Tales