Brittany's Reviews > Henrietta the Dragon Slayer

Henrietta the Dragon Slayer by Beth Barany

F_50x66
Mar 02, 11

Read in February, 2011

The book is a beautiful story about friendship, a heroine, and a quest to kill a dragon. Who wouldn't be excited? The entire concept sounded interesting and I was not at all disappointed.

The character of Henrietta was quite different from all other characters I have read about. She was very tough and stubborn. Rarely, if ever, did she show her soft side. I found myself actually liking her a lot. She was a very strong leader and hero. Usually, the main character in books I read is weak and kind of whiny. Henrietta on the other hand, was a nice change.

As for the plot, it was good but I felt as if it were lacking a bit. I was really hoping to see at least some fragments of a love story, but unfortunately there were none. Only towards the end of the book could I start to see some love emotions developing. There also wasn't a whole lot about dragon slaying or dragon slayers. Thankfully, it didn't take away from the story. The ending was perfect and wrapped up the story nicely!

Beth's writing style was extraordinary! I really felt as if I were following Henrietta and her crew on their journey, due to the detail that Beth captured. I hope to read more of her books in the future!

Overall, this book was great and I highly suggest it to those who like adventure and fantasy. It is hard to capture the book in this review, so I recommend you reading it yourself when the Kindle Edition comes out on February 28th!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Henrietta the Dragon Slayer.